Dance Fitazzet | Sydenham | Kingston
1040 Village View Lane | Sydenham ON | 613.376.6559
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
– It’s All In The Feet! Tap is a unique style of dance involving specific and rapid footwork. The dancer’s foot and shoe essentially act as a drum and each part of the shoe makes a particular beat and sound. Tap dancing improves the efficiency of the brain activity associated with memory and is an amazing workout that increases cardiovascular stamina. Tap dancing expands a dancer’s musical knowledge and incorporates of a vast range of rhythms and patterns.
– A good Jazz class explodes with energy. Music ranging from funk to show tunes, the beat alone will get you moving. Most Jazz classes begin with a warm up of isolated movements then lead to a series of stretching exercises to increase flexibility. Cross the floor progressions and routines that combine turns, leaps and mind stimulating choreography.
– Is a classical dance form characterized by grace and precision of movement. Ballet often tells a story or expresses a thought or emotion. Ballet is a highly technical form of dance with its own vocabulary based on French terminology. Ballet is such a wonderful art form for young children as it teaches them to be attentive and focus on the group and fine tune their own body’s movements.
– refers to street dance styles primarily performed to hip-hop music. Hip-Hop incorporates a lot of break dance moves and moves that are more isolated and less fluid than Jazz moves. It is characterized as hard-hitting moves involving flexibility and moving a specific body part independently from others. The body is kept loose so that dancers can easily alternate between hitting the beat or moving through the beat.
– is a style of dance created from the fusion of ballet and Jazz dance techniques. Lyrical dancers use motion to interpret music and express emotion. It is mainly performed to music with lyrics, and the songs lyrics are the driving force and key inspiration for the movement.
– This class introduces young children ages 3-5 to dance with a structured class setting. Our Pre-Dance program is based primarily on beginner jazz but also incorporates some of the basic fundamentals of ballet such as positions of feet, walking, marching, galloping and skipping to a wide range of music. We try to develop a musical appreciation in a fun and happy environment.
Acro- is a combination of dance and gymnastic developing co-ordination, flexibility, strength and power. All classes are taught on foam gym mat.